DECLARATION OF INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE "FREEDOM AND RIGHT OF RETURN: PALESTINE AND 60 YEARS OF ETHNIC CLEANSING" AT INDONESIA, 14-15 MAY 2008
With independence being the right of every nation, colonialism must be eliminated from the face of the earth as it is contrary to the dictates of human nature and justice
(The 1945 Indonesian Constitution-Preamble)
Native inhabitans of historical Palestine are people that are expelled and dispossed from their lands by force. Since 100 years to date the ultrantionalist Zionist movement with support of some imperialistic powers has been violates tbrutally cleansing the ethnic of Palestine. This act is, without doubt, illegal because the principles of human rights and international laws.
The miserable conditions of Palestinians under Zionist occupation that has been incessantly destructing their ability to survive as well as denying their basic, right as human beings might resemble the sufferings that have been paid by Indonesian people for more than 350 years during colonial period. Therefore, it is of moral and constitutional responsibility for Indonesia people to ensure that Palestinians will regain their rights and achieve their freedom as soon as possible.
Within the context of the conflict with Zionist regime in Israel, Palestine and Palestinians status under international law and international public opinion is clear. The United Nations Resolution 194 affirmated what have been enshrined in various bodies of international law that Palestinians have the inalienable right of return to their native lands. This is their absolute right and could not be dismissed by any treaty or political agreement.
But, tragically, all of those clarities have been discredited by the arrogance of Zionist regime and its supporters. For 60 years, the inalienable right of return of Palestinians has been denied by Zionist under unrealistic grounds. A proposed state of Palestine, for 40 years, has been hindered by many impractical preconditions.
No peace could be expected without justice. There will be no end to violence as long as we dont end the US sponsored Israeli occupation as soon as possible.
At the International Conference on Palestine "FREEDOM AND RIGHT OF RETURN PALESTINE AND 60 YEARS OF ETHNIC CLEANSING" held in University of Indonesia on May 14-15, 2008, we are aware that:
- The historic land of Palestine belongs to all who were living before 1948 in it and those who were expelled or exiled from it since 1948.
- The conflict over the historic Palestine is a central drive in global tensions. It becomes a symbolic significance that crosses religions, cultures, ethnics, sects, and races. In aclear word, it is not the conflict between religions but oppression and colonization of palestians by Zionist colonial power and its supporters who incessantly ignore obligations according to the international law and mortality.
- There are today around 7 million Palestian refugees who still do not have access to remedy and reparations, including the right to return and property restituion. As Zionist were celebrating the 60th anniversary of their illegal state, the right having their land for the Palestian people is still denied.
- For decades, efforts to create a two-state solution in historic Palestine have failed to provide have failed to provide justice and peace for Palestinians. The failure of two state solution is simply because that solution denies Palestinian refugees their internationally recognized right of return and the country has only one nation they are only Palestinian.
- One-state solution through referendum by native Palestinians is a just solution that will bring stable peace in historic Palestine, Middle East region, as well as the world.
- The Palestinians as well as other oppressed people who are fighting againts colonial domination and alien occupation and against racist regimes in the exercise of their right of self-determination have the right to use force to accomplish their objectives within the framework of heir natural right. such lawful uses of force must not be confused with acts of international terrorism.
- Indonesian people have moral and constitutional responsibillity to ensure that Palestinians will regain their rights, land, and achieve their freedom as soon as possible.
In light of these realities, we affirm our determination:
- To urge state members of the UN to take measure such as economic sanctions and diplomatic boycott against Israel for its breach of international law and non-implementation of UN resolution.
- It is because for many time, United Nation failed to take harsh measures to stop Zionist brutality on Palestine.
- To work in earnest, intense and urgent for the prosecution of the Zionists in front of the international courts for the crimes they did and still doing in Palestine.
- To advocate the implementation with UN resolution 194 as a fundamental requirement for justice, and a benchmark of the respect for their rights.
- To support single state through referendum by native Palestinians which all religions and ethnics are having their right equally.
- To warn Indonesian government as the biggest muslim nation that it participation in US-sponsored peace process must not undermine and endangere the demand for justice on behalf of the Palestinians,
- pricipally the demand of inalienable right of return.
- To set up a network with other international organizations which have been supporting Palestinians right, and also their freedom from Zionist occupation.